Are you interested in learning more about ABM marketing? Are you looking for some effective ABM tactics and strategies? Not sure what the benefits of ABM are? If you have been seeking to learn about all these, you have arrived at the right place.
This article aims to help you understand ABM marketing, as well as some effective strategies, tactics, and the benefits of ABM.
What Is ABM Marketing?
ABM marketing refers to business marketing strategies that focus resources on a group of targeted accounts within the target market. Personalized campaigns are designed considering the account’s pain points and problems to engage each targeted account.
ABM Marketing Tactics
To succeed in your ABM marketing efforts, you must have effective tactics that actually will benefit your business and contribute to its growth. Here are some ABM tactics you can consider implementing in your business:
- Create offers or discounts that can help you schedule appointments with your target account.
- Make use of social intelligence to understand the account’s needs, problems, pain points, and the solution they are looking for.
- Develop sales territories that are designed to increase your conversion rate.
- Offer a personalized experience for your accounts when they access your website.
- Build account specific offers that can be a solution to their problems.
- Retarget accounts whenever necessary to create brand awareness.
- Create a list of reliable and legitimate role-based contacts.
ABM Marketing Strategies
ABM strategies help businesses increase their ROI, when done the right way. It is essential for growing businesses to have strategies to help them achieve their desired results. These strategies help businesses have a strategic approach that benefits them in many ways.
Some effective ABM strategies are as follows:
- Create plans for target accounts.
- Research and develop effective account personas suitable for your business.
- Align marketing and sales teams together.
- Discover the various touchpoints of your accounts.
- Create and run campaigns for targeted accounts.
ABM Marketing Campaign
An ABM campaign refers to the focused marketing and sales efforts that are concentrated on the decision makers. It also allows businesses to personalize the buying experience for every prospect in the target account.
Here are some key components of an effective ABM campaign:
- It is very important to have an in-depth understanding about your target market, target accounts, and all the other information required to plan and run your campaign.
- It is essential to have a focused approach towards your target audience. Focus on targeting smaller clusters.
- As a growing business, it is very important to leverage account analytics and scoring to help you prioritize high-value accounts.
- It is necessary for growing businesses to turn on the right lead channels to increase the number of touchpoints.
Here is a framework you can use to plan your ABM campaigns:
- Find your ideal target audience.
- Discover the decision makers within the list of target accounts.
- Decide on the type of ABM campaign you want.
- Create a content plan for your campaign.
- Run the campaign.
Benefits of ABM
Did you know that ABM marketing delivers about 97% higher ROI compared to other marketing activities?
ABM benefits businesses in many ways. ABM is now anticipated to be the marketing strategy used by many businesses. Let’s discuss some of the benefits of ABM:
- ABM allows businesses to directly customize their marketing touchpoints to valuable contacts based on target accounts.
- It gives businesses the opportunity to align their sales and marketing teams. It helps the teams collaborate with each other and work together to achieve the desired results.
- It helps maintain a positive ROI effect with high conversion rates and low customer acquisition costs. It helps reduce wastage of resources and a highly targeted marketing approach.
- ABM marketing helps accelerate your sales cycle. It helps influence and attract decision makers among the list of target accounts.
- ABM gives businesses the opportunity to nurture clients and build a good customer relationship with them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What does ABM stand for?
ABM stands for Account Based Marketing. ABM refers to business marketing strategies that focus resources on a group of targeted accounts within the target market. Personalized campaigns are designed to engage each targeted account by considering the account’s pain points and problems.
2. What are ABM marketing examples?
Here are some of the best examples of ABM marketing:
– RollWorks: Direct mailing strategy.
– DocuSign: Segmented Approach.
– Salsify: Collaboration between sales and marketing teams.
– GumGum: Customized storytelling.
– LiveRamp: Hyper targeted approach.
3. What are the three types of ABM?
The three main types of Account Based Marketing (ABM) are as follows:
– Strategic ABM: One-to-one marketing.
– ABM lite: One-to-a-few marketing.
– Programmatic ABM: One-to-many marketing.
If you have been looking for a comprehensive guide, this article should have helped you learn more about ABM marketing, strategies, campaigns, tactics, and the other benefits of ABM. Make sure to implement the tactics and strategies discussed above to achieve the desired results.
If you have been looking for services that can help you boost your sales opportunities, and take your business to the next level, make sure to reach out to us to learn more about our services.
Illustrations by Storyset