We all know very well that not all leads in your sales pipeline are ready to buy. According to a study, 79% of your potential B2B sales leads will not convert into sales. So, you are always at risk of wasting your valuable time and resources.
Hence, to increase your customer acquisition ratio and to close down more leads you need to have some effective strategies to identify and nurture B2B sales leads.
So, if you are looking to learn the best practices and effective ways to identify and qualify B2B sales leads, then you’ve come to the right place.
In this article,
- Who Are Qualified B2B Sales Leads?
- 5 Ways to Identify Qualified B2B Sales Leads
- Aware of Their Need
- Sense of Urgency
- Authority to Make The Purchase
- WILLING TO LISTEN
- Trusts You, Your Company, And The Service or Product
Who Are Qualified B2B Sales Leads?
Qualified B2B sales leads refers to prospects or companies that are a business’ potential customer. These leads go through every stage of the sales process to qualify to become a business client or buyer.
Generally, leads who are more likely to become your client or buyer are the ones who qualify as B2B sales leads towards the end of the process. The sales process helps acquire quality leads towards the end of the process.
Now that you know who qualified B2B sales leads are, let’s discuss some of the ways you can identify your qualified B2B sales leads.
5 Ways to Identify Qualified B2B Sales Leads
Here are 5 effective ways to identify qualified B2B sales leads:
- The lead is aware of their needs.
- They have a sense of urgency.
- The prospect has the authority to make the purchase.
- They are willing to listen to what you have to say.
- The lead trusts you, your company, and the service or product you offer them.
Let’s dive into the details.
1. AWARE OF THEIR NEED
To become a qualified B2B sales lead, it is required for the lead to be well aware of their problems and pain points. The sales representative must ask probing questions to the lead to understand if the prospect is aware of their pain points, and problems, and also has the need for a solution. Nurturing the leads by knowing everything about them is necessary.
2. SENSE OF URGENCY
As a sales representative, you may not prefer spending time talking to a lead who does not have the need, or an immediate need to purchase your product or service. It is the sales representative’s responsibility to put forward questions to identify if the respective prospect has an established timeline. The sales representative must identify a sense of urgency from the lead’s end to qualify them as quality lead.
3. AUTHORITY TO MAKE THE PURCHASE
As a growing business, you would not prefer your sales team to spend their time and effort contacting leads who are not in the position or authority to make the purchase. It is always better to cross-check at the very beginning of the lead you are talking to has the authority to make the purchase decision.
As a sales representative, you can put forward questions at the beginning of your conversation to ensure the authority of the prospect you are talking to. You can ask questions, such as:
- Can you please describe the process you will be using to make the purchase decisions?
- Is there anyone else involved in the purchasing decision apart from you?
4. WILLING TO LISTEN
This is one of the best characteristics you can identify in a qualified B2B sales lead. The lead must be willing to listen to what the sales representative has to say. The sales representative must also remember that many leads might be willing to listen, but if they are not in the position to make a purchase, your efforts and your precious time are now wasted.
5. TRUSTS YOU, YOUR COMPANY, AND THE SERVICE OR PRODUCT
In order for a sales lead to be fully qualified in the process of the B2B sales funnel, they must trust you, your company, and the service or product you offer them. It is essential to gain the lead’s trust from the very beginning. It is the sales representative’s responsibility to build a trustworthy relationship with the lead from the first conversation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do you identify sales qualified leads?
The best ways to identify qualified B2B sales leads are as follows:
– Your product or service can help solve the lead’s pain points.
– The lead has the authority to make the purchase.
– They have the budget to purchase your service or product.
– The lead needs your product or service immediately or after a period of time.
2. What are the 3 basic criteria used to qualify leads as sales prospects?
The 3 basic criterias that can be used to qualify leads to sales prospects are as follows:
– Does the lead or the company have the need for your service or product?
– Do they have the budget to purchase your product or service?
– Do they have the authority to make the purchase?
3. What are the 5 requirements for a lead to be considered a qualified prospect?
The 5 requirements for a lead to be considered a qualified lead are as follows:
– The lead is aware of their needs.
– They have a sense of urgency.
– The prospect has the authority to make the purchase.
– They are willing to listen to what you have to say.
– The lead trusts you, your company, and the service or product you offer them.
4. How do you identify high quality leads?
Some of the best ways to identify high quality leads are as follows:
– They match your ideal buyer persona.
– They have the budget authority.
– They are more interested in your service or product.
5. What is the difference between a lead and a qualified lead?
Lead refers to anyone who interacts with your company. Leads do not have the assurance of becoming your client. On the other hand, qualified lead refers to anyone who has gone through the qualifying criteria to assess their fit as your client, their readiness to purchase, and their quality as a lead.
If you have been wondering who qualified B2B sales leads are, and ways to identify them, this article should have helped you. It is very important for a business to qualify quality leads to help boost your lead-to-client conversion rate. Make sure to implement the various ways we have discussed above to better identify qualified B2B sales leads, and grow your business.
If you have been looking for services that can help you boost your sales opportunities, and take your business to the next level, make sure to reach out to us to learn more about the services we offer.
- How to Nurture B2B Leads – 10 Tips
- 5 Things You Should Know about B2B Lead Generation
- Top 10 Demand Generation Ideas for B2B
Illustrations by Storyset