Starting a business is one thing, but growing the business over a stipulated period in a significant way takes a lot of hard work and dedication. How would you effectively grow your business?
According to statistics, the global value of the email marketing market is expected to increase from $7.5 billion in 2020 to $17.9 billion by 2027. It remains the go-to marketing strategy for leading B2B and B2C businesses.
Email marketing is viewed as a professional way to communicate business deals and sending notifications of business updates. Whether you are starting a new business or developing an existing one, you must have a clear understanding of the marketing platform you are going to use along the way.
In this article, let us explore some of the best email marketing platforms that can take your business to the next level.
Table of Contents
- What is an Email Marketing Platform
- Advantages of Email Marketing Platforms
- Top 5 Email Marketing Platforms
- Related Reads
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
What Is an Email Marketing Platform
Email marketing platforms are software that businesses use to communicate with their leads, clients, and prospects. It gives you the opportunity to engage with your audience in a more efficient way, and offers a way for them to check their emails at their convenience.
When we talk about email marketing on a business level, we are talking about bulk emails that are sent to various industries and companies across the globe at once. If you are thinking about an email as a web-based application such as Gmail or Yahoo mail, there are limitations in the number of mass emails you can send in a day.
This is where email marketing platforms come in. You can customize, manage, and schedule your emails to your contact list, and never worry about reaching your daily send limit. These platforms come with a marketing campaign, where you can create personalized emails, create a list of email recipients, create follow-up emails, a/b test your emails, and achieve your business goals.
Advantages of Email Marketing Platforms
The effectiveness with which you can conduct your marketing campaigns varies exponentially with the use of marketing platforms.
- It allows you to create customizable email templates or use existing email templates that best suit your business profile.
- Create contact lists and segregate them as hot, warm, or cold leads using effective lead-scoring techniques.
- Schedule your marketing campaigns to align them with market trends, and select the campaign type accordingly.
- Perform a/b testing to better understand your audience and identify what works for your emails in terms of increasing open rate and CTR.
- It has a high return on investment (ROI) for your business and enables you to focus on improving the quality of your product or service based on customer feedback.
Top 5 Email Marketing Platforms
Based on the level of difficulty in using these platforms, we have listed some email marketing platforms from beginner to expert level. Feel free to jump to any software using the links below
ConvertKit is the marketing platform that takes complex email automation processes and workflows, and makes it easier to operate in the automation area of the application. ConvertKit has a variety of options to create sales funnels for your business and specifically target users based on tags, subscribers, or customers.
The key highlight of ConvertKit software is its single-window sequence editor that allows you to switch between emails and sequences all in one window. Broadcasting has become easier with this platform, where you can simply add recipients based on any custom field and tags. The a/b testing tool analyzes and displays the results of two different email formats with CTR and open rate comparison.
Mailchimp is an email marketing service provider and has been in service longer than any of the platforms mentioned in this article. The key highlight of Mailchimp is its simplicity in integrating automation into work processes.
Mailchimp offers a customer journey builder, where you can create a sequence of workflows to convert more prospects into customers. You can optimize your content to be more engaging using AI and analytics tools to monitor the performance of email campaigns.
Your marketing campaign becomes effective when you switch to targeted emails instead of targeting random contacts. Using Mailchimp, it is possible to target audience groups with the right choice of email templates under segmentation and content relevance with an a/b test. Grow your business with software applications, like Google Analytics, Canva, and Shopify integrated with Mailchimp.
Moosend is one of the most powerful email marketing platforms and can take your business to another level. Moosend offers:
- Email automation
- Marketing campaign management
- Email personalization
- Monitoring lead behaviors
- Landing page builder
- Lead scoring
- Analytics reports of your business growth
When it comes to pricing, Moosend is comparatively less expensive. However, the user interface can be confusing to beginners. The areas where Moosend comes out on top are its customer support, marketing automation, and cost-effectiveness, especially for small businesses.
Moreover, Moosend provides a 30-day free trial period, and the Pro plan starts at $9/month. If you are planning to pay for the Enterprise plan, you have to submit details about your organization to get the quote.
This email marketing platform is all about creating a great customer experience, and as advertised, you get marketing automation along with CRM tools. It comprises all the stages of marketing from reaching out to customers through email all the way to lead generation.
The highlights of ActiveCampaign include:
- Website tracking
- Email segmentation
- Creating subscription forms
- Marketing automation
- Creation of landing pages
- Customer Relationship Management tools and sales automation
- Lead scoring
- Split testing
- Website personalization
The pricing of ActiveCampaign, unlike other marketing platforms, is based on the business use and not based on subscribers count. The pro or professional plan starts at $149/month, in which you get access to all the features. It would be a great platform to learn more about marketing automation using the Lite plan if you are growing your business, or solely running a business.
Bento offers all the solutions for your marketing campaigns that you struggle with in other email marketing platforms. With its UI designed specifically to solve business problems encountered during marketing campaigns, you can discuss your issues directly with the team through their discord channel at any time.
- You can monitor and access your workflows in one place
- There are multiple customization options available for writing and creating personalized templates for emails.
- You can customize your emails using the drag-and-drop builder, which is time-saving.
- Custom email-sending option to target specific audiences.
- Accurate and honest reports from Bento allows you to set realistic goals based on the gathered information.
The key highlight of the Bento platform is that, regardless of your subscriber count, you get the most out of the marketing platform and its applications. The pricing starts at $30/month for 1000-3000 subscribers and increases by ten dollars for every thousand subscribers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How important is email marketing to growing your business?
With growing email users globally and the number of email users worldwide expected to hit 4.7 billion by 2023, email marketing remains the most effective marketing tool and strategy to communicate with your audience, and follow up with leads and prospects.
2. Name some of the top email marketing platforms.
Bento – All-in-one email marketing tool for your business
ActiveCampaign – An effective email automation platform for your business.
Mailchimp – Best for startups and small businesses.
Moosend – Value for money and suitable for beginners.
Convertkit – Easy and effective platform for entry-level marketing.
3. How to choose an effective marketing platform for businesses?
The first step is to understand your audience and what you intend to offer through marketing campaigns. Below are some of the areas you must focus on when choosing an email marketing platform.
– Number of subscribers, email templates, and customizable options
– Campaign modes and flexibility in scheduling
– Advanced features, like lead scoring and a/b testing
– Overall flexibility and user interface of the platform
– Pricing is crucial and you must choose the perfect plan to help you achieve your business goals.
Whether you are starting a business or developing it gradually, having the right email marketing platform will help transform your business workflows. We have filtered the platforms based on the level of usage and expertise required.
Choose the one that best suits your business model and monitor your growth regularly using the built-in features of these email marketing platforms.