Are you a Saas business company? Looking for demand generation for your business? Are you wondering what SaaS demand generation is? Not sure how demand generation can help elevate the demand for the products or services you offer?
In this article, you will learn more about what SaaS demand generation is and why demand generation is important for all the Saas companies.
What Is Saas?
Before we learn about SaaS demand generation, let’s first understand what SaaS is.
Software as a Service, or SaaS, offers users the ability to access applications using the internet. Instead of downloading, installing, and maintaining a software, users can simply access the application or software online. This helps users be free from both hardware and software management.
The SaaS provider hosts the application, or software, in their server, and makes it available to users online, giving them the ability to access it remotely. The SaaS provider is responsible to maintain the following:
SaaS applications have other names such as, on demand software, web based software, or hosted software. Some of the examples of SaaS providers are Microsoft, Salesforce, Dropbox, and Google workspace.
Now that we have discussed what SaaS is, let’s dive into the details about SaaS demand generation.
What Is Saas Demand Generation?
In SaaS demand generation, the sales team of the SaaS company are provided with new sales opportunities for the company. It is the process of creating new opportunities for the sales team in the SaaS company.
The process also involves a major step where an awareness of demand for the product or the service the SaaS company offers is elevated. SaaS demand generation makes sure that the consumers are engaged with you and what you offer by generating a demand for the kind of service your company provides.
Why Is Demand Generation Important for All Saas Companies?
SaaS demand generation is considered a powerful tool for growing your Software as a Service (SaaS) business. It is equally essential to know why demand generation is important for all SaaS companies.
Let’s now discuss why demand generation is important for all Software as a Service (SaaS) companies:
- For a SaaS company, demand generation helps to reach the right audience to market the service you offer. Demand generation helps you establish a clear niche, and find your right customers. Utilizing the right demand generation strategy can help you list down a few problems faced by your customer, and market your service to them.
- SaaS demand generation also helps in positioning your product or service as the best solution to your customer’s problem. Positioning your product or service in the right market to the right audience can help you generate and gather the right leads. It is also necessary to engage the leads generated from organic traffic to convert them as your customers.
- SaaS demand generation plays a vital role in moving opportunities further down the marketing funnel. It helps to convert your leads into potential customers, leading to better sales opportunities.
- It is essential for a SaaS company to establish leadership and authority among their audience. Demand generation helps to elevate your credibility by positioning you as a trusted advisor, and your product or service as the best solution to the customers’ problems.
The 5 Best Ways to Create SaaS Demand Generation
Now that you know why demand generation is important for all SaaS companies, let’s discuss the 5 best and most effective ways to create SaaS demand generation. Here are some of the best ways to create SaaS demand generation.
- Understand and define your target market.
- Know your competitors.
- Develop a content strategy, and an effective distribution plan.
- Gather information about your leads.
- Make use of CTAs.
1. UNDERSTAND AND DEFINE YOUR TARGET MARKET
The very first step to start marketing your business is to understand what your target market is, and who your target audience are. Understanding your target market and defining them helps you learn more about your target audience. By doing this, you should learn more about the possible pain points of your target audience, and how your product or service can be a solution to their problems.
2. KNOW YOUR COMPETITORS
Once you define your target market, it is essential to research and get to know your competitors. Knowing your competitors can also help you understand what they offer, and how you can make your product or service stand out. This can help you understand and create a content strategy that best suits your niche.
3. DEVELOP A CONTENT STRATEGY AND AN EFFECTIVE DISTRIBUTION PLAN
One of the best ways to reach your target audience is by providing the right content. Develop a content strategy that can help you elevate a demand for your product or service among your target audience.
Also, make sure to have an effective content distribution plan. It is essential to have a good distribution plan as it plays a vital role in taking the content you created to your target audience. Make sure to promote your content through email marketing, paids advertisements, and all social media platforms.
4. GATHER INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR LEADS
It is essential to have a record of the prospects who are interested in your product or service because these prospects have a high potential of becoming your leads, and your potential customers.
Having a record of interested prospects and gathering information about them helps in knowing who to send targeted content. You can make use of forms to gather information about them. Some of the best ways to capture leads are to offer webinars, free trials, and demos.
5. MAKE USE OF CTAS
Last but not least, it is essential to make use of Call to Actions (CTAs) in the content you create. Make sure that the call to action is relevant to the content that is created. Call to actions need to be concise and clear to the prospect. CTAs help in encouraging your prospects to take actions.
Examples of the Best Successful SaaS Demand Generation Campaigns
Here are a few companies that achieved extraodinary results through SaaS demand generation.
Hubspot is the best example of successful SaaS demand generation. They use various content marketing techniques to attract their target audience. They create blog posts, webinars, and ebooks, and mostly, they educate the audience about inbound marketing. Apart from this, they promote their content by distributing it on various platforms and ensuring it reaches their target audience.
Another example is Dropbox. They use a combination of content marketing and paid advertising to attract quality leads. Due to their hard work, they have attracted millions of users, became popular cloud storage providers, and succeeded in demand generation.
They invested heavily in thought leadership and lead nurturing to build qualified leads. They overcame the challenges inherent in SaaS marketing by taking a strategic and holistic approach.
As a result, each company has developed a different way of generating demand.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
2. What is SaaS demand generation?
Saas demand generation is the process of creating new opportunities for the sales team in a SaaS company. In this process, an awareness of the demand for the product or service you offer is elevated. Consumers are engaged in what you offer by generating demand for the product or service.
3. How do you attract customers to SaaS?
Some of the best ways you can attract customers to SaaS are as follows:
– Publish relevant and useful content.
– Build a community around your product.
– Create strategic alliances.
– Know and understand your target audience.
– Set marketing goals that are attainable for your company.
4. What is a SaaS marketing strategy?
Software as a Service (SaaS) marketing is a type of marketing that helps companies build awareness about their product or service. It also helps to promote Software as a Service products. The main goal of SaaS marketing is to bring a product or service to market and create an awareness around the company that offers the product or service.
5. What is the B2B demand generation function?
Business to Business (B2B) demand generation is an integrated marketing approach that helps B2B marketplaces. The goal of B2B demand generation is to create demand awareness of the service or the product that is offered in the B2B marketplace.
If you have been wondering what Saas demand generation is and why demand generation is important for SaaS companies, hopefully, this article cleared all your questions and doubts. SaaS companies use demand generation to elevate demand awareness about the service or product that they offer to their target audience.
If you have been looking for services that can help your business grow and gain more sales opportunities, make sure to reach out to us.
Illustrations by Storyset